Summary: The article has been aimed to discuss the need to recover lost or deleted items from any storage device along with the methodology. Manual and automated procedures have been described in an easy manner to provide the clear understanding of how to recover lost data from external/internal hard disk drive easily.
In the modern era, data plays a significant role across the globe. Everyone may have their crucial data in the form of image, contact, video, and document as per the need. But, all of sudden their data may be lost or deleted and users are unable to recover them back from any storage device. The possible reasons are virus attacks, accidental deletion, file formatting, and so on. So, there is a need to recover lost data from internal or external storage. Therefore, in the upcoming section, we are going to discuss a direct manual approach to let users understand how to recover lost data from Seagate external hard drive in a proper way.
Reasons for Data Loss From Seagate Hard Disk
There are multiple reasons due to which users want to restore lost data from Seagate hard drive. Let us discuss the following challenges, it will be much clearer to understand:
- Improper ventilation or CPU fan failure leads to the hard drive crash
- Due to software failure like application gets shut down, malicious infection
- Due to bad sectors and hard drive blocks, the spindle motor stops functioning
- Accidentally close all the running programs in Windows machine
- Use of some malicious or faulty email applications
- Human mistakes may cause serious damage to the system
Simple Tricks to Recover Lost Data From Seagate External Hard Drive
Go through these two tricks that will help to recover lost or deleted data from any external or internal hard drive. Let us have a look:
- If any virus attack takes place on your personal device then, you can scan it by antivirus and in some cases, it will work.
- If users have accidentally deleted their data then they have to go to the Recycle bin and retrieve your data from there easily.
Professional Way to Restore Permanently Deleted Data from Hard Disk
If the above-stated method does not work well, users can take help of a reliable tool named as SysTools Hard Drive Data Recovery Software. It is designed in such a manner to recover lost, permanently deleted and corrupted data from any brand hard drive. Moreover, users can retrieve permanently deleted data from an Internal as well as External hard drive. It is capable enough to retain the original on-disk folder hierarchy throughout the recovery process. It allows to scan the storage device and generates an instant preview of recovered data with their properties. It has a simple and user-friendly interface that even a novice user can understand its working.
Steps to Recover Lost Data from Hard Disk Using Software
- Launch the SysTools Software on your local system
- Then, there are two types of scanning options like Scan & Formatted Scan
- Now, you have to select the partition and click on the Scan button
- Once the scanning is completed, you can view all the folders in the left side panel
- Choose the folder from the left panel and view the entire data in right-hand side pane of the software. It also offers Item Count
- After that, you can see entire data from the selected folder. All deleted files are marked in red
- Select files or folder that you need to retrieve and choose Save button to start saving all the chosen files.
- Choose the desired location from Browse for Folder wizard that appears and hit OK to start the Export Procedure
- After completion, a prompt will appear like this “Export process completed successfully”. Click Ok and move further
- Finally, a progress report will generate after completing the recovery process
After understanding the user scenario, I have mentioned simple tricks to recover lost data from Seagate external hard drive. However, users must have to follow the above steps quickly to regain all deleted data within just a few seconds. Else, users can take help of an automated solution that will help to recover the lost or permanently deleted data from any hard drive in an efficient way.